Wonders in the world of technology will never cease. Here’s a new option for the super paranoid – your own 10cm security guard! This palm-sized remote/web controlled video security sensor (that’s a mouthful) that can pretty much look after your house while you’re away (and provide days of gadgety fun). This invention from Surveyor has the following features:
- A video camera.
- A wireless transmitter that interfaces with your PC
- Java based host software, complete with web server – you can see what is happening from
- Anywhere in the world!
- All video surveillance can be recorded.
- Proximity sensors to assist with driving.
- Auto-roam – send it on a randomised patrol of your premises!
- Emits tear gas.
- A howling shriek with the ominous sound of rifle loading.
Or… on a more serious note:
- API into South African Police Force (well, if the Post Office can Instant Message, why can’t the police force receive a web prompt?)
- The ability to track objects, or even better – pick up any changes to a scene (perhaps colour spread analysis?)
- Camera tilt – how is anyone going to identify those feet?
SA version or not… we love it. Buy you own roving security officer here…