So, I've just invested a potload of "buy in" cash, stolen the wife's cellphone contract upgrade and taken the dive into a true SmartPhone experience. Yes, the iPhone 3GS 32 GB is finally mine.
It really is easy to be an Apple fanboy, isn't it.
Obviously one of the most important parts of an iPhone experience is the collection of apps that you have. To that end, I crowd-sourced some local favourites. Here they are! This list is a great starting point for any new iPhone user, or for someone looking to expand their collection. Most are free, and I've indicated where some of the applications seem to be unavailable in the SA iTunes store.
Without further ado...
Most popular iPhone applications for South African users...
Top voted applications, in order of popularity:
- Layer (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Shazam (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Tweetie 2
- Around Me
- Camera Genius
- Echofon PRO
- NY Times
- Pocket God (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- The Grid
- Tom Tom
- Touch Physics (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
Honorable mentions - applications that received at least 1 vote.
- Golfers Info
- Civilisation Revolution
- DSTV Guide
- The Grid
- Last FM (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Monkey Island SE (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Paper Toss (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Photoshop (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Pocket Universe
- PS Mobile
- Remember the Milk
- Sneezies (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Spend Budget (POSSIBLY INTERNATIONAL)
- Urban Spoon
- Wordpress 2
- World of Warcraft
Hope you enjoy the list. I'm sure I'll be blogging a bit more about my iPhone experience as it matures. It's pretty easy to sum up at the moment: The battery dies in a day or less, but I can point the phone at the stars and view an augmented reality of star charts and star information (gleaned from my GPS / Altimeter).