PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT just email us. We will ignore any submissions that do not FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE JOB SPEC. It's a simple request really, but you'd be surprised that 95% of applicants don't follow it.
Forgood connects people to Causes. You can think of us like "online dating for the social sector"! We’re the largest volunteering platform in South Africa - a team building a sexy technology platform that solves social problems. We’re also a proudly for-profit – and believe in making money and saving the world at the same time.
We need someone to join our Account Management / Client Service / Projects team – directly interfacing with large South African corporates as we design, customise and run their Employee Volunteering Programmes on our platform. There’s also the opportunity to get involved with interesting side projects as we experiment with different revenue streams and services. If you can prove yourself obviously…
Go watch this. If it lights a fire in you, read on: https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pallotta_the_way_we_think_about_charity_is_dead_wrong
NOTE: Transformation is important to us - this is an Employment Equity position.
YOU MUST WANT: To work in a tech startup environment. We have a flexible and fun culture – but we're obsessed with delivery and getting shit done. You must WANT to deal with clients and be tolerant of a certain level of corporate bureaucracy (haha!). Don’t tell us you’re a “people person”. People’s people never actually say they’re people’s people. They just are.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO: Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself and leave your ego at the door. Your attention to detail must be impeccable. You need street smarts. You’re going to be dealing with clever clients and team members, building clever stuff. These peoples don’t suffer fools.
YOU MUST: Commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to ditch when things get hard. You’re in this for 2 years+ or you’re not in it at all.
THE ROLE: Work in the client service team that manages our corporate clients who use the forgood platform. Reporting to Senior Programme Manager.
- Manage 3 to 5 clients (to increase with time)
- On-board new clients
- Attend client status meetings and project manage execution of tasks. Contact reports, agendas, action lists – all that good professional stuff.
- Generate and create reports for clients
- Crisis manage and problem solve any client issues that arise
- Provide training to new and existing clients. High level of confidence and presentation skills are critical.
- Provide strategic input into the design of employee volunteering programmes and the customisation of our platform
- Work with Community Management team to ensure that our client’s Causes (charities) are happy and responsive. Find innovative ways to promote and work with Causes within a client's strategy.
- Work with the Product Management team to look after employee experiences on the platform.
Qualifications and experience required
- A tertiary qualification. If you don’t have a degree, tell to us why you don’t need it
- 3-5 years’ experience. Client facing/client management/account management experience. Don’t cheat on this one – the ability to schmooze and deliver excellent client-facing work takes a bit of practice.
- Comfortable in a tech environment. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel. Actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get the point!
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills
- Marketing and “selling” skills. You’re selling us by supporting our clients.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW.
There is a plague in SA of people just clicking apply on every job that’s out there. That spray and pray shit doesn’t work with us because it doesn’t show that you CARE. It doesn’t tell us that you REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. And we only want to hear from people who REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. Did we use enough caps for that?
Answer these questions first. Do not send your CV.
Answer these questions first. Do not send your CV.
- Go find out who we are. Google stalk us. Go deep. Think about whether you really want to work here. Then answer this: why do you want to work here?
- What is your best client experience so far? What did you learn?
- What is your worst client experience so far? What did you learn?
- Give us a life example of a) why your attention to detail is better than the other candidates b) why you can get shit done.
- Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that should make us interested in you.
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our clients and their employees. If you can’t spell when applying to us - we think it's safe to assume that you won't be able to spell when looking after our clients.
We’ll ONLY ask for CV’s from the best submissions. Email: careers at forgood dot co dot za.
Salary: Negotiable on experience. We believe in growing people quickly. You deliver, you contribute to revenue, you keep growing, you can earn whatever you want.