Lamb Knuckle Potjie Recipe
- Enough Lamb Knuckle to feed your party
- 1 Onion cut in quarters
- Bag of Potato quarters
- Bag of Carrots (cut ‘em chunky)
- Thing of Mushrooms
- 2 x Cans Mexican Tomatoes
- 1 Beer (any beer, local is lekker)
- ½ botte red wine (not the great stuff, but not turps either)
- Hot curry powder to taste
Brown the lamb using the curry powder. Remove the meat from the potjie and put it in a tray while you cook the onion with some olive oil. Think of this almost like deglazing the pot! When the onions are soft, add back the meat and continue to stir.
Add the canned tomatoes, all the veg. Pour in the beer (have a sneaky sip first) and the 1/2 bottle red wine (another sneaky sip).
Put lid on. Remember: no peaking and no stirring. Listen for the GURGLE. Maintain good GURGLE volume by adding coals underneath when necessary. Keep at low heat for at least 3 hours. 5 hours would be ideal.
Smash it in your face.