We're then going to go head to head with some other bloggers/personalities and if we win. 5 of you and me will get a pimping "sport experience". Those are all the details I got.
- Tell me via Facebook / Twitter or in the comments below what makes a Man a Man
- I'll choose the Top 5
- We go head to head against other bloggers with some crowd voting
- If we win, the 5 best of your submissions and I win a rad "sporting experience".
Let's get to it. I'll collate all the crowdsourcing below. Make it funny. Make me cry. Get all testosteroney on each other. Yee haw!
CROWDSOURCING: THE TOP 5 THINGS THAT MAKE A MAN A MAN.
which we can now call...
THE TOP 30 THINGS THAT MAKE A MAN A MAN.
(the top 5 as entered into #ManDay are in bold)
- @petrivoges - Most men can do with more cowbell.
- @petrivoges - Cutting your nose hair with a weed eater. snorting enos and squirting acid in your eyes with your tequila.
- @petrivoges - Ability to reverse.
- @petrivoges - Sleeping through Schindler's List but tearing up when that perfect chop falls on the floor
- @braaiface - Ability to talk bullshit. Disengage brain, open mouth, say the first thing that doesn't make sense, engage brain!
- @braaiface - A 5 year absence between mates only requires a grunt to catch up!
- @braaiface - I'm on it, Guy speak for "it's on the list", but will only happen with beer as incentive
- @JeanineBornman - Understanding what 'The Matrix' is all about first time round
- @Johannpollard - Knowing how to properly braai a good steak
- @Johannpollard - Chivalry. Opening doors for ladies and such.
- @Johannpollard - Licking the can lid you just opened for said lady. Doesn't matter the contents, got to taste!
- @Johannpollard - Ability to watch any sport and shouting for a team. Even Curling. Convincing the other people in the room that you understand the sport and are a fan. Yes, even Curling.
- @Johannpollard - Opening a wine bottle without a corkscrew. Knives, spoons, shoes, swords etc. It can come in handy when you least expect it.
- @wzwick - Knowing the difference between a phillips and a slotted screw driver.
- @wzwick - Being able to use said screw driver.
- @wzwick - Using the weed-eater. Raising it to trim the bushes as well.
- @wzwick - The removal of bugs and other 'creepies'
- @wzwick - Knowing what the offside rule is
- @wzwick - Being able to say "pfft - that's easy, I can do that, hold my beer!"
- @nickjackson - Telepathic ability to know where the remote is, and to be able to sense the channel being changed while sleeping.
- @nickjackson - Ability to assemble furniture etc with fewer than the "required" parts.
- @nickjackson - Ability to recognise how many layers of clothing the days weather requires.
- @nickjackson - Confidence that allows them to think that, on a good day, they have a realistic shot at picking up any woman.
- @nickjackson - Any man will always look their best in either a tuxedo, or jeans and a white t-shirt.
- @wzwick - Being able to start a fire with a ball of newspaper and then feeling the need to cheer once the fire gets going.
- @wzwick - a good throaty burp... woman.just.can't
- @wzwick - being able to punch your mate for being a dick and then going for a beer afterwards
- @wzwick - carrying in all 10 bags of groceries in one trip because two trips is for pussies
- @wzwick - enjoying a trip to builder warehouse (its like shoe shopping for men)
- @petrivoges - consider farting in public without detection a skill